Lavender hearts

Lavender hearts

Sunday 17 June 2012

Sew/Blog Sabbatical return


Hello! My sewing sabbatical (9 months) for one reason or another seemed to link with my blog sabbatical. I cannot tell you that I missed blogging like someone that misses a loved one, or a favourite pastime, but it was always lurking at the back of my mind. It was I suppose unfinished business like a sewing or knitting project which lays untouched, or that friend you have meaning to text for ages, or the half painted room.
It all started a few days ago when I spotted the Faith Hope and Charity Shopping fabulous 2012 Jubilee Special swap on my blog roll, my mind wandered and for the first time I felt compelled to write a comment. I wanted to join in, I really wanted to get involved. So I emailed Lakota- when I heard that I had been chosen to be in the swap, I was delighted, and not only that I have a fantastic swap partner Scarlett from scarlett loves elvis blog. Scarlett has the most amazing retro, kitsch up cycle blog, with great style and story's.

The second thing happened a few days ago. My Daughter asked me to sew a fabric bag for our beautiful cat Poppy first birthday- to put all her presents in. Out come the the sewing fisherman's box and my box of fabric, when I spied this lovely British fabric I brought last year. I love the British landmark icons on the material and think they would make lovely buttons or badges.




 Then I was inspired to sew DD a hair clip holder, using some beautiful vintage rose fabric and a candy pink ribbon. I filled the pouch with dried lavender and stuffing and using an old recyclable red button to hold it all together.

We all have reasons
for moving.
I move
to keep things whole.

-Mark Strand

Happy Blogging everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I love that British landmarks fabric- really cook (especially Stonehenge!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello stranger! That fabric is to die for!!! and who can resist a lakota swap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I'm so glad to see you back in the land of the blog. Hope the cat appreciates her birthday booty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!