Lavender hearts

Lavender hearts

Monday 22 November 2010

Ribbon wreath tutorial

Over the last few weeks, I have noticed how you can create and make beautiful things with ribbons. Whilst researching buying ribbons online I have seen the most lovely idea in which to display your ribbons- a ribbon wreath.
Ribbons wreaths are really very easy to make and quite relaxing at the same time.
So on Saturday afternoon (after going to pizza express for lunch, I will tell you about this in my next blog) my children and I excitingly sat down and we made a ribbon wreath.
I have put together a quick tutorial to show you how to make one.
All you need is - some ribbon, a wire wreath frame, a pair of scissors and plenty of helping hands.

You can buy a wire wreath frame from any local florist for a very small amount.

Cut several 6-8inch pieces of different colour ribbon (or in my case 2 little helpers taking turns at cutting)
Tie the ribbon pieces around the edge of the wire and tie into a bow- several times.

And basically that's it, keep putting the ribbon pieces around the wreath until it starts to look like this..

When you are happy with your design and the ribbons look puffed and pretty. Attach a thicker piece of ribbon in the middle of the top of the frame and hang accordingly in your favourite room.
Voila......

I have hung the ribbon wreath in my living room amongst my other treasured things.When I look at this it makes me feel happy.
Now all I have to do is order some more ribbon as I have ran out of two colours...but I do not mind as I am now a ribbon addict!
Bx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!