Lavender hearts

Lavender hearts

Saturday 30 October 2010

Peg bag - a birthday present for my Sister

My lovely sister (I have two lovely sisters, this is the elder) has asked for a peg bag for her birthday next week. My sister and her wonderful family live on the other side of the world and we do not see each other very often. So when I told her about my new found love of sewing and all things handmade she requested the above, and I was more than delighted to make one for her.
As previously mentioned in my earlier blog I used my new sewing book 'Sewing in no time' it had a lovely pattern for a peg bag using a child's coat hanger. Here is the book - it really is a good book to start with when learning to sew. The projects have time lengths on them - so you know exactly how long they should take.
Here it is....worth a look.

I started with a template and enlarged it to my own measurements, cutting out the fabric I was going to use.


The pattern suggested adding your own design and as I have a slight infatuation with ribbons as that moment. I added two pieces along the front of the bag.


 I really am sorry about the up side down photo- I am not very computer savvy and I haven't worked out how to turn the photo. (Will put this on my to do list)
Oohhh the lovely ribbons....

All wrapped up and ready to go. I have wrapped it in spotty pink paper and tied some beautiful pink spotty ribbon around it.  I hope she likes it.
Bon Voyage peg bag, enjoy your life in the land of the long white cloud.

Bx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!