Lavender hearts

Lavender hearts

Friday 15 October 2010

My Goddaughters 8th birthday

My Goddaughter turned 8 last month and I really wanted to make her something from my sewing machine. In the summer holidays I asked her what she would like. I gave her a few options and she choose a Kit bag. I immediately set about deciding what fabrics to use and found a lovely pattern in my Emma Hardy sewing book 'Sewing in no time'. The stipulation was that she does not like pink. I found some beautiful fabric on the Saints and Pinners website which was not pink but greens and oranges with lovely spots, flowers and swirls. They promptly send them to be wrapped in beautiful pink ribbon with a 'thank you note'. I was very impressed and will remember their kind note. Being a beginner sewer - I found the pattern quite easy to follow and enjoyed making it. My 4 year old Pumpkin was very impressed and lovingly asked if I could make one for her - you guessed it in pink!!
Here they are,



I found a lovely lime green button for this flower piece.

Pumpkin uses this for her ballet kit.



My goddaughter was delighted with her bag.

As you might not know I work part time, and this weekend I am off. I am so excited to be spending some time with my family. I have started working on some fabric pictures for my sewing room. I would like to have all my favourite things in my sewing room, highlighting my love of fabrics. I have made two beautiful cushions and a hanging gingham heart. I will show you some photos soon.
Have a lovely weekend.
Becky
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Becky, thanks for mentioning us - such pretty bags x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanne,
    Thanks for your comment! Your service was fantastic and I thought your little thank you on the invoice was just lovely.
    Becky
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!