Lavender hearts

Lavender hearts

Saturday 2 October 2010

My first post in the blog world!

Hi there, this is my first post in the blogging world! I am hoping to share my love of handmade loveliness with you all and hope you are as lovely as I think you are.
I have recently re introduced myself to the joys of sewing and home made treasures and I needed a space to share my adventures with you.
I am but no means a expert but a willing enthusiast with a keen eye and a bundle of joyness.
This is what I made at the beginning of the week. I found the fabric at my local haberdashery and was immediatly attracted to it. The shop lady said it was from Amy Butler ( who I have since learnt is one of the matriarch's of modern fabric) and her fabric is fabulous.
I have been using a great sewing book I brought recently called Sewing in no time by Emma Hardy. Its great for beginner sewing projects, with really pretty fabrics and patterns. I used an old Ikea cot duvet cover for the other part of the tea cosy.
We road tested it when my friend E came over for a cuppa or two and yes it did keep warm and lovely.

Ahhhhh tea and cake......yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!