Lavender hearts

Lavender hearts

Monday 9 May 2011

Green Cream and Pink

With the heavens pouring outside my window on Sunday, my plan to go to the local car boot, was temporarily halted. Never mind an extra hour in bed and a cuppa did the trick to cheer me up! Luckily I had already found some thrifty gems in the week, and here are my finds.
First up is this sweet little ceramic doll, my DD actually picked this up at the charity shop for 99p



In the same shop I saw this pretty cream tureen, and I loved its simple shape. I thought it would go nicely with my blue and gold tureen, I brought recently in Hampshire.




And finally this pretty flower plate from Laura Ashley, it was half price and I brought it with a voucher I received for my birthday last year! It was £2.50.



I am hoping this weekend will be sunnier and then I can mooch around the car boot sale in comfort! Fingers crossed.
                                       
For this weeks thrifty finds, I am linking in here at Liz's Magpie Monday and here at Sophie's Flea Market Finds.

I am looking forward to reading all your thrifty finds this week!
Happy Thrifting
Bxx

15 comments:

  1. Wonderful finds i love them all and the little ceramic doll is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had rain too at the start but it soon cleared and I was able to find lots of lovely bargains.
    Love the tureen would suit me perfectly. What a find xx
    http://thewhiteapproach.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that china doll is beautiful (and now I have the Bowie song stuck on a loop in my head!).

    Nothing worse than a soggy car boot - hope the sun shines for you next week. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving that tureen, what a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tureen, will just go perfectly with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've gotta love a tureen and that one's a beaut!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some lovely finds.
    Wishing you sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh what lovely finds! Loving the doll!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I love that Tureen :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the tureen. I like the look of tureens but I doubt I'd ever use them. Do you use yours?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Loo! Yes I definitely use the tureens, I used the blue and gold one for roast pototoes and the cream one for the vegetables, when we had a roast meal on Sunday. I did feel very posh, when we had them on the table! LOL
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooh love the tureen, going to keep my eye out for one as lovely as yours! Wishing lots of sunshine for some boot sale fun :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your buys, the plate is very pretty :) the birthday vouchers from LA come in very handy! ;)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally love the doll. Tureens are fab and encourage a finer form of dining altogether.
    I posted late this week but my finds now appear at http://gigglingatitall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!