I used all my spare pieces of fabric, including the fabric I received in a recent fabric swap.
We used these pouches for Easter presents for our family and friends, filling them with mini Easter eggs and shredded paper. They could equally be used for party bags, hair bands, rings, little toy figures, sweets etc.
What you will need:
3. Sewing thread
1. Measure and cut fabric (approximately 10cm by 20cm)
2. Sew a 3cm hem at the top of the long side of the fabric
3. Machine or Hand sew the hem
4. Fold the fabric in half (wrong sides showing) and sew around the edges.
5.Turn the bag right side out.
6. Measure your ribbon along the top of the pouch and double it. Thread the ribbon with a safety pin through the hem at the top of the pouch. Tie a knot at the end of the ribbon. Or alternately hand sew a button at the end of the ribbon, tying them together.
5. Fill the pouch with goodies.
I hope that makes sense!
When I made these pouches over the Easter period, I had my girl and her two friends helping me. As they say many hands, make light work! We enjoyed giving the pouches away to our friends and family, and I made two extra ones for my two to keep for themselves.