Lavender hearts

Lavender hearts

Thursday 30 December 2010

Pink bunting and presents

Do you ever have a moment, when you just have to make/sew/do something immediately? You cannot possible wait until tomorrow, or the next day but you need to make/do it now? I had a mad moment the day before Xmas eve (bad timing I know) when I wanted to make some Christmas bunting.
I have not made bunting before, but I had a idea whirling around in my head.
I used a cupboard template and cut out several triangular shapes with a pair of pinking shears, so they made a lovely zig-zag edge.


I quickly ironed the flags, tiresome but so essential as they will look lovely and neat.
Using some lovely baby pink satin ribbon, I sewed one neat stitch across the middle of the ribbon, holding the flags into place.


Viola....homemade 30 minute bunting. Mad moment extinguished.

Nm 2 and I have already decided this will be going in her room, when the Christmas decorations come down.

Christmas come and went and we had a lovely family time.
I am most excited about two presents I received at Christmas. This lovely Cath Kidson beautiful aqua blue buttons box, given to me by my secret Santa at work (thank you kind colleague, most stylish taste!)


And this wonderful present from my dear younger sister in New Zealand, I have been a fan of Tea pea since I first started sewing and I love her handmade items she sells on her website. When I found out she now has a online haberdashery, I asked my sister if she could get me some of her pink divine twine.  What excitement I had when a parcel arrived in the post all the way from New Zealand a few days before Xmas......
I love the colour of the twine, and the hand written note is such a lovely touch.

I am looking forward to the New Year, with lots of ideas whirling around in my head for up and coming projects.  I have had a great 2010, with lots of firsts happening - first family holiday in Europe, first day at school for my baby, first attempt at sewing on my own, first blog entry!
 I am looking forward to many more wonderful years ahead!
Happy 2011.
Bxx


3 comments:

  1. Love the bunting - I went into a bunting craze this year and was just like you... had to make it right then and there!

    Hope you have a wonderful 2011!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That twine is fabulous and so is the tin, lucky you:) Happy New Year, hope 2011 is a good one xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty blog and very pretty stuff. I wish I was creative like this. lovely to find you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!