Wednesday, 5 January 2011
Short list of things to do instantly in 2011
After the excitement over the last few weeks, and the children safely settled back into school. The time has come to plan some projects for this year. I have so many thoughts, and a lot of inspiration from other lovely people in the blog world, that it is very difficult to decide what to do! Craft is never far from my mind and I would like to learn a new one, but which one? I did have a phase of doing knitting for awhile, I even brought some brand new needles and pink wool.. but I'm afraid the phase only lasted a few weeks, hence I have figured out I am definitely a instant person. Instant in that if I cannot see a result, or finished item, my attention span is diminished and I tend to give up! I started knitting a scarf and ended up with a 10cm row of fluff (which our lovely family cat then destroyed). I suppose hat is why I love sewing, you can have instant results in a relatively short time. I think I need to mull this over.
So while I am contemplating the bigger projects, I have put together a relatively short list of my 2011 instant things to do:
1. Follow Louis Spence on twitter (I love him!)
2. Start running again (instant get fit activity) or walk fast which ever is easier
3. Say Hello to people at the school run, who I don't normally say hello too. (some mornings this can be a real effort)
4. Do not wear my track bottoms on the school run unless I am exercising - which to be honest is not often.
5. Keep reading more books. (Am reading The girl with the dragon tattoo - amazing)
6. Hoover/Vacuum upstairs, out of sight, out of mind.
7. Water house plant ( I only have 1 left as I have managed to kill all the others)
8. Stop spending hours looking for grey hairs on my head and becoming obsessed that It's all downhill.
9. Get a manicure and pedicure, there comes a point when you have to look after Nm1.
10. 1 to 1 with the children... trips to the shops and hot chocolate in a cafe with little Nm2 and bike riding and football/soccer with Mister Nm 1.
Actually I am getting quite excited about my last goal, I will have to arrange that asap, maybe this weekend.
Thank you for all your lovely comments recently, I am also so pleased to have some new followers here at Hazel and Blue, I am very lucky!
What are your 2011 plans? Any wishes or things to do? I would love to know!